Why We Exist
Less than a third of these children and their families receive the care and treatment they need in a timely manner. There are several reasons for this:
- A shortage of qualified children’s mental health professionals
- Clinic wait times of months to years
- Social stigma of receiving mental health treatment
- Clinic hours conflict with normal business and school hours
- Financial factors like travel costs, child care and lost wages due to time off work.
Strongest Families Institute provides a cost effective solution for delivering care by ensuring families receive treatment quickly and efficiently.
If children with mental health problems are not effectively treated in childhood, they may struggle with schoolwork, making friends, interacting with family members, and other aspects of their development.
Receiving effective help early can lead to a healthier and happier future.